Pale might be a good look for polar bears, but it washes us humans out! A little color keeps us looking healthy and radiant all year long. When you’re stuck indoors all winter, airbrush tanning can step in and save the day! Our expert technicians can work with you to pick the perfect shade that will look natural (never orange!) and seasonally appropriate. After all, you’ll want a lighter, more subtle shade in winter months otherwise you’ll stand out like a sore, sun-baked thumb.
People who try to apply self-tanning solutions themselves often miss spots or accidentally leave dark streaks of color in places they can’t easily see. Airbrush tanning makes sure this doesn’t happen! We apply the color for you over your whole body (expect of course the places that we don’t tan, like the palms of your hands!) for a natural, even tone. We can also help to hide scars, veins, and age spots. This gives you a smoother complexion and younger looking skin from head to toe.
There’s also no need to worry about skin damage. Unlike the sun or tanning beds, there are no harmful UV Rays involved in airbrush tanning. The DHA solution is applied to the surface of your skin and works in the outer-most layer to produce a tan. DHA is an organic compound. We use a 100% vegan and cruelty-free formula which has been approved by the FDA.
You’ll be happy to know that airbrush tanning is more affordable than you probably think! And it takes less than 20 minutes. You’re in and out and on your way looking healthier, younger, thinner, and more refreshed than you did when you stepped in. It’s great all year long, but you’ll DEFINITELY want to try it this winter!
You know a friend of a friend who swears by airbrush tanning, but you’re not sure if it’s worth the hype – or the money? We’ll let you in on some of the advantages of airbrush tanning.
- No risk of UV damage! The sun, and it’s synthetic friend the tanning bed, use UV rays to penetrate your skin and give you a tan. But that penetration also comes with risks. The sun can cause damage ranging from a sun burn to skin cancer, including discoloration & sun spots, wrinkles, and rough, leathery texture. Airbrush tanning completely eliminates these risks because there are no UV rays involved. At all!
- Low allergy risk. Our formulas are 100% organic, vegan, and cruelty free. They don’t irritate the skin the way some harsher formulas can.
- Covers skin blemishes. Airbrush tanning can help even your skin tone and reduce the visibility of varicose veins, cellulite, and stretch marks. You’ll also look healthier, younger, and slimmer with a little bit of color.
- Naturally fades. Unlike some self-tanning creams or sprays, an airbrush tan will not peel off and leave blotches.
- Looks like the real thing! An airbrush tan isn’t a stain or dye. It won’t leave your skin looking orange. It’s a natural compound that does the work, so a natural look is your result.
- Won’t ruin your clothes. Unlike some home tanning products, airbrush tanning formulas wash out easily if you get some on your clothing.
- Quick & affordable. It’s not often you can get so many results in under 20 minutes and less than $40.
Still have any questions? Check out the rest of our blog for more info on airbrush tanning and when you’re ready to book, give us a call! Shine Salon in Denver (Wash Park): (303) 722-4040
What is Airbrush Tanning?
Airbrush tans are made from a DHA solution. DHA is a simple carbohydrate, not a harmful chemical! Additional bronzing solution is added, which adds a layer of color to skin. DHA reacts with the top layer of skin cells to form a tan. The solution is applied by a professional, while you stand with arms and legs spread. The tanning professional walks around and evenly sprays the bronzing solution on your skin. We do all the work, and in less than 20 minutes you’ll have a beautiful tan! Airbrush tans naturally fade away instead of peeling off in blotches and don’t leave orange streaks!
Is it Safe?
Airbrush tanning is a safer alternative to indoor tanning beds or to outdoor tanning, because you are not exposed to harmful UV rays. There is no risk of skin cancer associated with airbrush tanning. The solution used is completely organic! It’s dermatologist recommended and FDA approved, with a very low allergy risk.
What do I need to do before I go airbrush tanning?
24 hours before your appointment, you should exfoliate all areas which will be treated. An exfoliating body wash or scrub does wonders! You want to get rid of any dead skin so that the spray doesn’t stick to it and then flake off. Making sure you’ve exfoliated will ensure that you get the longest-lasting, most even tan possible!
What do I need to do after my airbrush tan?
Showers or baths should be avoided for the first four hours after airbrush tanning. Ideally, no soaps or shower gels should be used for the first eight hours after applications. You don’t want to wash off the solution!
How Long Will My Tan Last?
An airbrush tan can last up to a 10 days, particularly when hot baths and chlorine are avoided.
If you have any other questions, feel free to call! We welcome your questions and consultations are always free. (303)-722-4040